Farmanco is working to provide more regular informative podcasts through the Farmanco App – available to all Farmanco package subscribers. Take a look today to see what’s new.
Agronomy & Grain Marketing: Glyphosate Treated Barley
- Listen to Chris Robinson talk about glyphosate treatment options in standing barley and the marketing team outline sales options.
Matricaria Control – David Cameron
- David Cameron discusses control options for Matricaria, which is a spreading weed challenge for the WA wheatbelt. Available on the Farmanco App.
Novel Wild Radish Herbicides – by David Cameron
- David Cameron provides an update on new registrations for wild radish control with different modes of action to those we are commonly using.
Knocking down small and large weeds, and using more Paraquat
- David Cameron discusses the latest in knockdown herbicide uses, targeting small weeds with high rates of Glyphosate and Paraquat and considers Paraquat mixes, double knocks and use on larger weeds.
Residues for soil protection in a dry season
- David Cameron covers the critical issues relating to maintaining enough crop residue for soil protection, in a dry season such as 2018.
- David Cameron’s summary of the Imidazolinone herbicides. These herbicides are cheap and effective on a wide range of weeds. However, their residues need to be managed. Article is in the June 2018 edition of Farmanco Facts.
An analysis of current and prospective Technology Solutions and Integration in Australian Agriculture
- This is a recording of Blake O’Meagher’s presentation at the Facey Group / Grain Growers event held in Wickepin (Western Australia) on 22 February 2018.
Benchmarking and the Farmanco Profit Series
- This is a recording of a presentation given by Richard Brake to CSU students in May 2018. It includes a background to the Farmanco Profit Series and how benchmarking is used.
Farm Machinery Purchase Decisions
- Greg Easton discusses the decisions that need to be made when deciding on the purchase of farm machinery.
The Marketing Team were early adopters of Podcasts as a communication tool. Their podcasts are available to Farmanco Marketing Clients, and clients who receive the Marketing Newsletter as part of their services package.
They provide a monthly podcast through the year; weekly over harvest and ‘seasonal’ podcasts as interesting new information comes to light. Visit our shop and for $33 you can purchase subscription to the Marketing Team’s Harvest 2018 weekly series of podcasts. Current Marketing podcasts available on the Farmanco App, include –
Harvest Podcast 3 – November 14th
- This week’s podcast covers the November USDA report, CBH optimiser tips, other harvest news and opportunities and an update on strategy.
2018 Pre-Harvest Podcast Special – PART TWO – Markets and Strategy
- The marketing team cover all the major crops in detail, explaining why prices are high and suggesting the best selling strategies to follow over harvest.
2018 Pre-Harvest Podcast Special – PART ONE – Harvest Tips
- The marketing team cover harvest tips for the 2018 harvest, including receival standards changes, DTV, dealing with APWN, quality optimisation, correct load allocation, etc.
You can download the free Farmanco App via Apple Store and Google Play, via links below.