- This event has passed.
Wagga Wagga – GRDC Herbicide Behaviour Workshop
02/04/2020 @ 8:45 am - 03/04/2020 @ 1:00 pm
Workshops planned for New South Wales are as follows:
- Parkes, NSW – Tue 31 March & Wed 1 April
Parkes Services Club, 9-17 Short St, Parkes, NSW 2870
- Wagga Wagga, NSW – Thu 2 & Fri 3 April
Wagga Wagga RSL, Cnr Kincaid & Dobbs St, Wagga Wagga NSW 2650
These Herbicide Behaviour workshops for grains advisers go into the science underpinning how both pre and post-emergent herbicides work.
Participants will leave with a better understanding of the key factors dictating herbicide performance and what can be done in the paddock to ensure weed control is maximised.
When confronted with a range of weed problems and environmental conditions, the challenge is to optimise the results in the field. Knowing what weeds will be controlled from a herbicide application is the easy bit – it’s on the label.
More challenging questions include:
- Why do herbicides perform or fail in some situations?
- Critical comments on the label. Why do they exist and how were they developed?
- How do adjuvants and water conditioning agents work? What should be used, when and why?
- How does resistance affect different herbicides? What strategies can be used as resistance emerges?
- How do residual herbicides work and what influences their breakdown?
These small group workshops will run for 1.5-days. Participant numbers are limited to ensure active participation and discussion. Many previous workshops have ‘sold-out’, so registration is essential to secure your place. While the workshop content is targeted to experienced agronomists, interested growers are welcome to register.
Cost is $165 ($150 + GST) per workshop.