- This event has passed.
NUNGARIN – Crop Sequence Workshop
August 23 @ 9:00 am - 1:00 pmFree
GRDC Crop Sequence workshop, Nungarin Heritage Museum
Thursday, 23rd August, 9am
What is the most profitable rotation for your region? What are the drivers for changing rotation? What is the latest research? What are the best farmers doing? What tools are available to help you get the best out of your system?
Come along and hear about the latest research, what the best farmers are doing and how to get the most out of your own system. This will be an interactive workshop designed to give you the tools to appraise your own farming system.
This workshop will give you the knowledge to assess the risk and rewards and have the confidence to try, different break crops/rotations on your property.
- Project overview, Demonstration of Legume crops for profitability in the Western Region
- CSIRO, crop sequence trials and models and how these apply to your farm – Andrew Fletcher, CSIRO
- Paddock Measurements DPIRD trials, what are the trends in the WA farming system – Greg Shea, DAFWA
- Farm Rotations and grower profits. What are the profit drivers for choice and how to build the best rotation? – Rob Sands, FARMANCO
- Agronomy and rotations, how the decisions are made. Where to from here? You’ve been given the information now how do you tie it together? – Blake O’Meagher, FARMANCO
- Group Discussion re crop rotations and drivers (40 min)
Morning tea and lunch provided.
RSVP via website or contact our Mundaring office on (08) 9295 0940 or firstname.lastname@example.org